- One large boneless turkey breast (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1.5 pounds spicy sausage
- 6 pieces diced bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups roughly chopped stale bread pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped dried jujubes
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sliced green olives
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sherry or brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Make stuffing: Cook onion in butter until well softened. Add sausages (remove casings) and bacon pieces. Stir and crumble the sausage until browned. Remove from heat.
Stir cinnamon, allspice, salt and pepper into the meat and onion mixture. Stir in bread crumbs, chopped jujubes, half of the walnuts, and half of the olives. Process mixture in a food processor, in batches if necessary, until well mixed and place in a large bowl. Stir in the rest of the walnuts, olives and capers. Add the brandy until mixture is moist and holds together.