Spread on toast, serve on hot cereal, serve as is with vegan “cheese” and nuts as a wine appetizer, or reheat in a small pan with ¼ C balsamic vinegar and serve with vegan cheese for a savory surprise
- 2 C organic dried Just Jujubes
- ¾ C water
- 1 T molasses
- ¼ t cinnamon or to taste optional
- De-pit jujubes fruit. Place in small saucepan. Soak in warm water about 30 minutes. Turn on stove and heat on low/med heat, continuously mashing fruit with skin until paste-like. (Or use a food processor if you have one)
- Sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
- Place in airtight glass jar. Allow to cool before sealing and place in refrigerator.