Breakfast on-the-go with a cup of hot jujube tea, mid-day pick me up, dessert for friends…or not.
- 2 C organic dried Just Jujubes*
- 8-10 orgnic dried Just Jujubes pits removed, chopped into bits
- 1 C organic almond flour
- ¼ C finely chopped organic walnut
- 8 T organic cacao powder
- 1 T vanilla extract
- ¼ t. Himalayan salt
- ¼ – ½ t organic cayenne pepper – Optional if you like it hot
- ¼ – ½ t organic red pepper flakes – Optional if you like it a little spicy
- Use fruit left over from jujube tea. Or, soak fruit in ¾ C hot water until soft. Remove pits. Mash fruit with skin until paste-like.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add fruit, chopped fruit*, almond flour, cacao, salt, vanilla and peppers. * Reserve a couple TBs chopped fruit to press into the top of the brownie.
- Mix well until batter sticks when pressed together between your fingers.
- Line the bottom and sides of a baking dish or loaf pan, with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Scoop the batter into the pan and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- For nearly instant gratification, place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up, then happily consume. If you have will power, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for continuous snacking.