Use a hand-held cherry pitter. Serve as a wine appetizer, on a salad, as dessert. Make a double batch, you wont have leftovers!
- 24 organic dried Just Jujubes – de-pitted*
- 4 oz vegan organic cream “cheese”
- ½ C organic walnut pieces– toasted in olive oil & sprinkled with coarse sea salt, then cooled
- 1 T orange juice
- Organic orange zest ½ – ¾ orange finely grated
- Organic Lemon zest ½ lemon finely grated
- ¼ t. Himalayan salt
- 1 t organic cane sugar or agave nectar – optional
- De-pit fruit. Place on a dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream “cheese”, orange juice, orange and lemon zest and sugar until soft. Taste and amend to your liking.
- Place in piping bag or a small Ziploc. You can cut the corner of the Ziploc to squeeze into the jujubes.
- Gently fill each jujube with the mixture.
- Insert a piece of toasted walnut into the center of the mixture of each fruit.